3-Day Desert Tour
Planning a trip in the Moroccan desert can be quite stressful. Avoid the hassle of planning your trip by joining this 3-day desert tour to Merzouga from Marrakech. Pack in camel rides and a desert campfire with stops in and sightings of places such as Erg Chebbi, Ait Ben Haddou, Ouarzazate, Todra Gorge, and the Draa Valley. Plus, two nights of accommodations and round-trip transport is included.
- Travel from Marrakech to Merzouga during this 3-day desert tour.
- Ride a camel, see Erg Chebbi, and sit by a desert campfire.
- Two nights of accommodation included for an added convenience.
- Some meals and round-trip transport from Marrakesh provided.
What to Expect?
- Discover a fantastic road, passing through the High Atlas via the pass Tichka located at 2260 m altitude.
- Discover the charm of Ouarzazate city.
- Visit to Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, the fortified village, and the old Kasbah Telouat.
- Pass through Berber town of Agdez, Rose Valley, Todra Valley and Dades Valley.
- Discover the Bedouin life in Sahara.
- Enjoy the ride on camelback and see the amazing sunrise and sunset.
- Magical night around the campfire at the bivouac after a traditional dinner.
- Free time to explore the sites such as Ait Benhaddou, cinema studio, Kasbah, walks, canyons, breaks for photos.
Day 1: Marrakech -Telouat – Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate – Dadés Gorges
Pick-up early from your hotel or riad in Marrakech by an air-conditioned and comfortable vehicle. You’ll be crossing the High Atlas Mountains and traveling along the Tizi n’Tichka pass. First visit will be the Kasbah of Ait Ben Hadou one of the sites recognized by the Unesco World Heritage. Discover the fortified Kasbah used to shoot many Hollywood films, such as ‘’Gladiator’’, ‘’Lawrence of Arabia’’ and other famous movies. Having lunch in the Kasabh before driving to Ouarzazate, known as the “Gate of the Sahara.” Continue to Boulmane Dades passing over the valley of Roses and Dades River. Arrive at your hotel for dinner and an overnight stay.
Day 2: Boumalne Dadès – Tinghir – Todra Gorge – Arfoud – Merzouga – Erg Chebbi dunes
After breakfast, turn towards the dunes of Merzouga for an unforgettable stroll in the desert. Then back aboard your minibus along the famous ‘Road of 1000 Kasbahs’ nearly to Tinghir. Stroll through the oasis to the mighty Todra Gorge. Then you have lunch in a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, visit of the holy town of Rissani and continue to Merzouga. You will enjoy a camel ride through the fascinating dunes of Erg Chebbi, which are over 100 km², and admire the sunset which offers an incredible and unique view. Tonight you experience the magic of a night in the desert. Enjoy your evening and a traditional dinner around the campfire before retiring to bed.
Day 3: Merzouga – Rissani – Nqob – Tamnougalte – Ouarzazate – Marrakech
Wake up early to enjoy sunrise over the dunes of Erg Chebbi, then have your breakfast at the bivouac. Hereafter, you return by camel to the hotel in Ouarzazate for a shower.
After taking your lunch, you return to Marrakech via Tazarine, the Draa Valley and Agdez. Admire the beautiful scenery of the Sahara, the oasis, the palm groves and the green valleys, crossing again the Tizi N’Tichka pass and the Berber villages to reach Marrakech.
Submit your review